Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Oscar Night



I was glad to have attended my first official Oscar party this year, and luckily it was a fairly good show. It was not a black-tie event at the McGyver house, but it was a fancy hat event complete with costume changes. We also wore special shoes. Due to a recent shoe incident with Judy, we all wore two different shoes. It took Judy about an hour to notice. But to be fair, she was distracted by Harrison Ford for part of that time.

Judy won the big bingo prize as well as the award for Best/Most Hats. Katie had the most dramatic/ridiculous costume change of the evening.





Malcolm tried for best supporting actor...and was unemotional over his loss.


I was the big winner of the evening, with 14 correct educated guesses on our Oscar ballot.

I won the Hays Movie Critics of America Annual Award, and a note pad from 1987 with a poopy baby on it. (It says "Oop. More poop." It's great.)

Let me explain by telling you what my official winning message was, presented to my by Sister Alice (aka : The Hays Movie Critics of America Annual Award Committee.)

Congratulaions winner!

Because you live in Hays, Kansas, where no Academy Award nominated films are ever shown, think can only mean one thing:

YOU'RE FULL OF IT!

We therefore hope you enjoy for the year 2008-2009 this traveling trophy especially designed to honor you and all those like you.

My acceptance speech should be below, we'll see how the technology works out. If you can't hear it I thank Entertainment Weekly, and it cut off before I thanked IMDB and my mom. AND you get to hear the Laugh of the Katie. It's not just a myth.




No comments: