Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Oscar Night Part 2


I covered my Oscar party, now I thought I would cover the actual Oscars.


Best dressed: Helen Mirren, hands down. She is the coolest lady ever for several reasons. (When I say "ever" I obviously mean, "aside from Dame Judy and Maggie.")


Worst dressed: Mrs. Day-Lewis. What the hell was that thing on the front?? And the bows? What is the matter with you woman?


Most exciting win: Tilda Swinton for best supporting actress. That's the only person I was really pulling for. I would have been very excited to see Johnny or Viggo win in their category but for one thing I wouldn't have been able to choose between them and I knew Daniel was going to win.


Best acceptance speech: Tilda Swinton, because she's funny and awesome. 2nd place goes to the little Irish chippy that thankfully got a second chance. Way to class it up Oscars.


Best musical performance: The winning song from Once was lovely, but I think that Raise Me Up was awesome. As I said to the gals, it takes gospel to get so many black folks at the Oscars.


Speaking of diversity, how about that French chick? I've been wondering if the leading actress award has ever gone to someone in a foreign language film before. It was a multicultural event and it was very excitng. Did anyone see Javier Bardem's mother? Does she looks like an awesome lady or what? She had all KINDS of silver on. I like her.


This year might have been the lowest rated but it was a great show. The obvious mistakes I think we're limited to 2. Neither Whoopi nor Steve Martin were given any time in the host montage. I know they had good moments. Also, the more obvious omission was Brad Renfro from the dearly departed list. He might not have left in a blaze of stardom but he was still somewhat of an icon and should have been included. The whole "we can't include everyone" line is a load of crap. Also, what's his name from Jaws was left out but should appear next year.

No comments: