Monday, January 17, 2022

Musical Flavor #499, Rufus, featuring Chaka Khan, 'Ask Rufus' (1977)

 #499: Greatest Albums of All Time

Rufus, featuring Chaka Khan, 'Ask Rufus' (1977)

This is definitely a genre of music I don't listen to very often. It's a mood. One I guess I'm just never quite ready for. I enjoy it, for sure, I just don't seek it out. I have the same relationship with soup and raspberry flavored things. 

What I know of Chaka Khan is, of course, "I'm Every Woman" & "Tell Me Something Good." This is exactly the kind of thing that makes me enjoy this project I've assigned myself. She deserves more space in my head than 2 songs. 

Does this album make me want to roller skate and fluff up my hair? Is it smooooooth like a dang milk shake? 

Yep! Egyptian Song is a treat awaiting you at the end.

Would I listen again? Yes. I may not think to go listen to it often but I wouldn't kick it off a playlist.

I dig it, it's groovy.  




No comments: