Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Musical Flavor #496, Shakira, 'Dónde Están los Ladrones' (1998)

 #496- Greatest Albums of All Time

Shakira, 'Dónde Están los Ladrones' (1998) 

I guess now is the time to admit that I'm really not much of a Shakira fan, but this is likely because I've heard all of one song about 5 million times. (And I don't even dislike that song, necessarily.) 

 This album is solid though. I have no complaints. It's upbeat and fun and I have no idea what the lyrics are. The standout song for me is the last one, "Ojos Asi", because it seems to have the most fusion of different styles. The Lebanese influence definitely comes out in this one and I like it. 

I imagine I'd like it better if I understood it. Maybe? The music is still fun though. Definitely dance-worthy. 

Would I listen again? I wouldn't reject it...and I've already listened to that final song multiple times, so I guess so! 

I dig it.  

No comments: