Sunday, January 23, 2022

Musical Flavor #495, Boyz II Men, 'II' (1991)

 #495- Greatest Albums of All Time

Boyz II Men, 'II' (1991)

Oooooh yeah...this one takes me back. The majority of these so far have been things I've never even heard of, this though...this I've listened to maaaany times. This was one of the first CDs I ever owned. I think I got it for my birthday in high school when I got a badass stereo. (I also got Madonna's Bedtime Stories, that year, and I bought myself my first CD--Michael Jackson's HIStory: Past, Present and Future, Book I .)

"Yesterday" was by FAR my favorite song on the album. I listened to it on repeat. My mom might even remember this album for that reason. It's a good song already, but their version was just amazing. 

It's a nice variety and mix of pop and R&B and it's just a nice time. 

Would I listen again? I haven't listened to this since maybe high school but it was nice to revisit. I don't imagine I'll seek it out often, but I definitely enjoy the throwback. 

I dig it, I have for a long time. 


No comments: