Monday, January 17, 2022

Musical Flavor #498, Su*c*de, 'Su*c*de' (1977)

 #498- Greatest Albums of All Time

Su*c*de, 'Su*c*de' (1977)  (The algorithms seem to not like the word so I've edited for posting.)


Another band I've never heard of and definitely a genre I don't listen to much. This band is considered punk, new wave, electronic, synth-pop, and more. It's not screamy like one might think if you're not a punk fan. It's quite the opposite, for the most part. It's mostly mellow and has a bit of a random oldies pop feel to it. None of this really fits with the title so don't let that scare you away.

I get Jim Morrison meets Bowie meets Eraserhead vibes. (If THAT scares you away then...maybe for the best.) It has a steady background vibration throughout making it feel like one long-ass song. I have no idea what they're talking about so I might have to defer to my honey for that since he's the one that listens to the lyrics. 

The whole album is only about 40-someting minutes so check it out if you're not sure if you'd like it. It's dark but delightful. It's charming and weird. (It lists "Bela Lugosi's Dead" as similar music--which some may remember was played at our wedding.)

It reminds me of True Romance, which is awesome. 

Does this album make me wish I was on drugs and wearing scarves? Yes. 

Would I listen again? I already have. It's weirdly rhythmic and meditative...like I accidentally joined a cult. 

I dig it. 

No comments: