Monday, October 02, 2006

What in Pagan hell makes you think I agree with you??

If one more person in one more lit. class says anything is a "christian allegory" I am going to personally create a voodoo doll of them.

If one more professor makes a comment indicating that everyone in his or her class in a Christian, I am going to throw a hissy fit.
I am not a Christian and not everyone in every class is a Christian--even here in the Catholic capitol of the universe.

Not every story is meant to be an allogory of some sort. Some fairy tales are just fairy tales; sometimes people manage to be creative on their own without using the Bible as a reference.
I have not read the Bible cover to cover, nor do I wish to. Do not assume that I know all the stories from the Bible and can recite them in class. When others are reciting, do not assume that I have any clue as to what they are talking about.

If you want to talk about fiction we can talk about Harry Potter. At least it's a bit more modern. I can come up with Harry Potter allegories if you MUST compare literature to something other than itself; even if that goes against everything I think it should be.
I've paid for these classes with the intention of learning something, and moreso just to graduate, but I didn't think it was going to be Sunday school for grown-ups.

No comments: