Monday, October 09, 2006

The Departed

Starring: Jack Nicholson, Matt Damon, Leonardo DiCaprio, Mark Wahlberg, Martin Sheen, and Alec Baldwin.
Ok, so the cast is good, but can you have too many stars in one film?
No. Or at least Scorsese is immune to over-celebritizing.


It's a relatively bloody, South Boston, Irish-American cop movie. Has a bit of a Boondock Saints flare to it with the whole Irish/Boston thing and there's not a clear line between good guy and bad guy. It's not as cool as Boondock Saints of course, but it serves you with several well-placed plot twists and very intriguing, ocassionally psychotic characters.

While we watched the credits some guy sitting behind us kept muttering something about Scorsese and Oscar (to himself). It was a good movie, maybe not THAT good, but apparently people are saying stuff about this Oscar guy. Just because a movie didn't suck doesn't mean it should win something. That's like putting a kid on the honor roll for getting a D+.

PS- No need to stay for the credits if you're wondering.
Oh! And the music was fantastic.

Let me know what you think:
Should I start writing my reviews on my blog, or should I leave them on my webpage?
If I blog them, then you can leave me comments. Or yell at me if you hated a movie I said was good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hiya, KJ!

I think this would work, if it's not too hard: Blog your reviews, and then link to the blog entries from your web page.