Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Musical Flavor #489, 488, 487, & 486. This one's a rough set. Blah.

 #489: Phil Spector and Various Artists, 'Back to Mono (1958-1969)'

I didn't opt to listen to this one again, even though it had been a while since I listened. It has good songs--great songs, actually. I just wasn't in a Phil Spector mood. (If you're confused, go look it up.)

 

#488: The Stooges, 'The Stooges'

It's alright. Not really my thing, but it was decent enough working music. 


#487: Black Flag, 'Damaged'

I get it, I really do. It's just not my thing. I couldn't finish it. It is NOT good working music unless I was working pulling weeds or something. I'm glad I gave it a try. It has it's place. 


#486: John Mayer, 'Continuum'

Ok. Almost half of this is "hmm...this is nice." The other more-than-half is "OMG THIS IS SO BOORRRIIIINNNNGG." So, whatever you want to do with that. I do not care for this man's voice about 95% of the time. It's like an over cooked noodle. His talent as a musician is fine but, listening to it as something other than background music is nearly enough to put me to sleep. WAKE UP, JOHN. 



No comments: