Wednesday, February 03, 2016

You can find a way to get "Go to Winchell's!" in my obituary, surely.

This is from a long time ago. We were in Boulder and decided to try the Dunkin' Donuts because everybody always talks about how awesome DD is.
Well everybody apparently has low standards for donuts.
People think Krispie Kreme is heavenly. This only proves that anything warm and comforting will immediately be thought of as superior to other things. They taste like oil. They're ok but I don't like quasi-chemical aura on my donuts.
Dunkin' Donuts was hugely disappointing. Not only was my donut NOT good, it was borderline icky. I have a motto in life and it is "even a crappy donut is still a pretty good donut." Which is why you can see that I'm still eating said icky donut.
It was dry and bland and bleh. I also got a chai because "oooh Dunkin coffee is sooo awesome." Nope. This doesn't apply to chai, at least.
It was gross. It was LOTS of sugary syrup with...I don't know what...I assume water. It wasn't even like the fakey chai that everyone has. It was pretty much the grocery store machine latte but not as good. For 3 times the money.
I will give the brand new Dunkin Donuts a try once it opens up here in Longmont but I likely won't return to the Boulder location.
I'll always prefer Winchell's anyway.

We also have VooDoo donut commentary.

We had a video #1 that may or may not have been better than this one but it wasn't actually recording I think.
Enjoy watching Jason eat a bag, he judged DD less harshly, and me with the most disgusted look you'll ever see on my huge face.



No comments: