Friday, June 20, 2008

Long Beach: Episode 3

Dodgers Game-- Dodgers vs. Cardinals. Aside from seeing Audra and meeting the family, this is what I was most excited about.

I'm pretty sure the Cardinals won 4-0.

Before the game we went to a Mexican place, met Audra's friends Kelly and Kevin, and ate chips and salsa while we were waiting for the bar to open. It was just across the street. I THINK it's called the Short Stop. They have cheap beer when there's home games. I didn't drink beer, I drank rum and Coke, naturally. My friends kept a glass in my hand. It was very nice of them. John and I chatted about British shows. What more can a girl ask for?
I remember there was a nickle in the toilet in the ladies room. There was some discussion on how to get it out of there and what would be the least gross way to do so and if it would be worth it. Raul is a pioneer for all abandoned coins.
After my rum and Coke I needed an Irish Car Bomb so I got Kevin and the bartender to join me and it was a beautiful moment. Audra didn't have faith. She didn't think I could do it. We've been apart too long. After the booze we wandered our way up a gigantic (at the time) hill to Dodger's stadium.
Once there we found the photo people. From what I remember it went something like this--
Lady: Do you want to take a picture?
Raul: Uuhh...
Lady: It'll be fun.
Raul: OK!
Then there was running so I just followed and jumped into the green screen shot. It's one of those things where they stick you in the middle of the field. Technology is great. And the pictures turned out great. They are a complete rip-off at $25 for a few pictures but they were too fantastic for me to pass up. It's my favorite momento from the trip. The boys look nuts and Audra looks saucy. I'm just sort of there.
This isn't it, but aren't they all so cute?
Our seats were fantastic. The whole thing was great fun. There was a funny drunk lady and we ate Kettle Corn. I didn't enthusiastically cheer for the Dodgers. I was already wearing a Dodgers shirt, I can only go so far into enemy territory. But I got to see good old Juan Pierre again. He used to be a Rockie. He's Juanderful....
Now I own a shirt I can only wear during the winter. But it was worth it to get into the spirit. I tried to Think Blue but it was kinda purpley.

1 comment:

Audra said...

Sounds like Long Beach is a very fun place to be. I think I just might live there...oh wait!, I do.