Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Somebody had a birthday and I was there.

My wee little sister is now my wee grown-up sister. Technically. I went to Kansas last week to celebrate her 21st birthday. It's always exciting to visit Hays but this was more stupendous of course. There was much birthday hoopla. We FINALLY played Trivial Pursuit. We all got drunk and there was dancing. I still am not walking properly but I'd do it all again right this very second if I could.
I added some crazy decor to Katie's room while she was at work, and the tiara made the rounds on party night. There are more incriminating pictures for those curious.
Malcolm was getting in the party mood. There were things dangling from the ceiling and everything!!
Those wild librarians. They can party it up I tell ya.
HUG HUG HUG!! DRUNKEN HUG! And the dancing began.
I've got the little boys in Kansas but these are my bigger boys, Jarrod and Eric. Also weird, but taller than the gremlins.
Still standing after all that dancing and drinking.

I barely got a chance to make it out to see the little ones but I did get there for a little while. Jordan's birthday is coming up to so I took birthday present to him. It's a crazy marble get-up. You put it together and the marbles swirl around and it's pretty cool. Tanner was interested until we got it put together and Jordan was otherwise occupied until we were done putting it together. It's just the way they work. And always in their underwear.


The birthday boy has been getting some loot out of the tooth fairy as well as you can see. He looks a little like Frankenstein's monster here for some reason...like if there was a baby monster. There should be.
Overall, the trip was magnificent and I'm going to write more about my friends because it physically hurts me to leave them. I needed more time. I always need more time.

No comments: