Wednesday, December 03, 2008

What have you done today to make you feel proud?

It's from a song. Love it.

In September I volunteered to help out at the marriage booth for the Boulder Pride Block Party!
It was a lovely day and we had so much fun. The event was in the middle of Pearl St. and the marriage booth was conveniently located in front of the courthouse. I volunteered as a Rent-a-Bride and helped The Funky Reverend perform illegal weddings. We informed people of rights they still would not have as a same-sex or illegally married couple. We had about the same turnout of both couples. No one wanted to rent me though. Boohoo. My theory is that they knew I wasn't gay. I mean, who wants to marry a straight girl? Not me! I looked super though so whatever.
It's a good day when you can spend it with great people doing something that you really care about.

Quinn rented himself out to marry Nuclia Waste on stage. It was a beautiful event.
There's me on the left.

These guys were something... I don't know if the honeymoon is still on. They'd only been together for a couple days.

And these guys were so cute. They have been together for 6 years.

No comments: